Monday, November 16, 2009

The Biz Monday Starter: Process


I like the idea of process. A series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end. The processes involved in theatre can be extremely varied and complex, but their goal is to produce a show. So often I find myself getting too wrapped up in the final product. When some of the most intriguing discoveries lie in what steps were taken to get to what I see before me. I thoroughly enjoyed this post by the Steppenwolf Theatre Company. It provides a glimpse into the process of researching for the set design of a show. I find myself more and more enamored and amazed with all of the planning, research, and imagination that goes into all aspects of theatre production. The people and the process that makes it all work, or in some cases, not work.

Speaking of process, I also enjoyed another post that featured a writer and her tweets.

Tweets...I have never tweeted before, but it is funny how short updates can tell a very interesting story. This particular post deals with the story of a writer and her struggle to write, haven't we all been there?

No comments:

Post a Comment