Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Biz Monday Starter: Creative Ways To Advertise


I have become intrigued by the idea of creatively advertising theatre productions-particularly in a way that endeavors to appeal to a more tech savvy audience. Facebook and Twitter groups abound, but I must admit that theatre blogs-the way they look, the style, the topics, the events they plug-are fast becoming an obsession for me. A new favorite is the Praxis Theatre blog. I love the mixing of social awareness and theatre. I believe that some of the most poignant plays and performances come out of a personal need to communicate with an audience. As far as advertising, I am pretty much in love with their take on the paparazzi in Celebrity Theatre. I am a sucker for such things. As far as the correlation between the Internet, blogging, facebook, and twitter and the success of selling seats, I can't say. But a little publicity can hurt, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment