Friday, January 22, 2010

Film Flash Friday: Feast of Love


How many movies are out there that I have no idea exist? It feels like every time I watch a preview, or browse Netflix I find some film that I have to see. Feast of Love was one of those films. I had never heard of it before, but the story looked interesting and Morgan Freeman was in it along with Greg Kinnear. So, onto my queque it went. I wasn't disappointed. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed it a lot. It was a hopeful film that centered around the lives of couples. As interesting a subject matter as any. Which makes me ponder. How many movies are out there that I have no idea exist? And can I watch all of them in a lifetime? The film that I am watching for Friday is another one that I discovered by watching the previews from this film. Funny how that happens. My film world just keeps expanding and expanding. I'd love to hear about how people schedule film watching into their schedules. I am not particularly good about it. I have six films waiting for me. It's something that keeps me excited--even if I can't watch them right away, I know that they are there, waiting...and I can't wait to see what I'll find. Maybe that is some of the excitement about watching films you have no idea about. You never know what the movie is going to throw at you. Is it a romance film? A comedy? A drama? Will I like the characters, the acting, the writing, the filming, the editing, the ending? So many questions and then, hopefully, it happens. You sink into the film and allow the plot to unfold before you. That's how I felt watching this film. I didn't search out reviews or online summaries. I just watched the preview, got the movie, and watched it. A nice way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment